English help!!!! please answer?
1. When Arthur returns to retrieve a sword for Sir Kay in "Arthur Becomes King," he demonstrates which quality?
2. Why is Arthur mortally wounded when, out of anger and a thirst for vengeance, he attacks Mordred in "The Death of Arthur"?
He has allied himself with Lancelot.
He has broken the chivalric code.
He has betrayed Lancelot.
He has committed an act of treason.
3. Through his depiction of Don Quixote keeping vigil over his armor, Cervantes satirizes __________.
the chivalric code's notion of bravery
the chivalric code's idea of love
the chivalric code's belief in an afterlife
the chivalric code's insistence on devotion
4. Sundiata's actions at the conclusion of "Pulling Up the Baobab Tree" prove that he is not only __________ but also __________.
5. The second chapter of the "Song of Solomon" begins with the line "I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." This line contains a(n) __________.
6. Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnet 43 is an attempt on the part of the speaker to __________.
capture the physical beauty of her beloved
decide whether her feelings for her beloved are true
remind her beloved not to forget her
catalogue the ways in which she loves her beloved
7. When the speaker in William Shakespeare's Sonnet 55 mentions "this pow'rful rhyme," he is referring to __________.
his own poetic skills
Sonnet 55 itself
his beloved's poetic talents
another poem by Shakespeare
8. What is the speaker in Robert Burns's "A Red, Red Rose" suggesting when he compares his beloved to a rose and a sweet-sounding melody?
His beloved is devoted and caring.
His beloved is funny and kind.
His beloved is courageous and loyal.
His beloved is beautiful and pleasing.
9. To the speaker in Lord Byron's "She Walks in Beauty," the woman's outward beauty is a sign of her __________.
devotion to him
10. In "Eveline," the plot reaches a climax when __________.
Eveline introduces Frank to her father
Frank first comes with Eveline to meet her father
Eveline's father shows violence to his wife before her death
Frank leaves for Argentina without Eveline
11. In the "The Rocking-Horse Winner," Paul is driven by a desire to __________.
escape from his family
make his mother happy
prove he is an adult
give money to his uncle
12. The young woman in "The Train from Rhodesia" feels an overwhelming sense of shame because __________.
she has married someone she does not believe she can love
she feels terrible that the old man was forced to accept a low price for the figurine
she knows that she will forget her memories of her honeymoon trip
she does not want to look at anyone outside of the train
13. In the story "Poison," the theme has to do with __________.
coming of age
14. Why does Jerry agree to go home with his mother at the end of the story "Through the Tunnel"?
He is defeated by his attempts to swim through the tunnel.
He wants his mother to know that he still loves her.
He needs to make more plans about how to become an adult.
He has achieved his goal and can enjoy his success quietly.
15. What is the main conflict in "Shooting an Elephant"?
The narrator has a public disagreement with the local Burmese.
The narrator does not feel confident in shooting the elephant.
The narrator feels an inner hatred for the elephant.
The narrator works for a government that he hates.
16. Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
I returned from my vacation in Vancouver with several __________ of the trip, including a city map and a lovely bracelet.