Web Eavesdropping practice??
Some Internet access providers have admitted they monitored their users’ Web surfing activities without giving notice of this eavesdropping practice. Embarq and Charter Communications secretly tested advertising technology to gather data about specific Web searches and then display advertisements on users screens relating to theses searches. Privacy experts claim theses Internet access providers’ practices violate federal privacy laws, including the wiretapping statute.
* Locate news articles discussing the Internet access providers’ Web eavesdropping.
* Locate Web sites that oppose this practice.
* Include links to these websites in your posting.
* Take a stand, providing reasons and explanations as to why you believe it is ok for this eavesdropping activity to continue, or why you think it should be stopped.
* Be sure to back up your opinion with solid information produced by your research