It's cold out (-2 C). I noticed that my furnace quit working today when I got home and it was 57 F inside. There's a tenant in the basement and he doesn't get home till between 9 and 11 pm everyday. Luckily he's a pretty handy guy so hopefully he'll take a look at it when he gets home. But there's nothing that can be done until at least tomorrow. Is it ok to leave the gas fireplace burning in the living room tonight? It will get really cold if I don't...
I don't have a CO detector (we just bought the place and haven't put one in yet ... lucky us). The fireplace is also on a thermostat so it will shut off once it heats up.